PPC Advertising - 7 Simple Steps For A Money-Making PPC Campaign
One of the most powerful techniques for driving traffic to any website is Pay Per Click (PPC). Top of the food chain for PPC is Google
AdWords. You can literally start receiving traffic within 15 minutes after setting up your campaign.
With PPC, your ad can be displayed on search engines and content network websites, which provide a lot of targeted traffic.
If you want to make money when using PPC advertising (which of course you do), you need to learn as much as you can about how the system
works. PPC advertising is basically just keyword bidding for search engine placement.
However, a successful PPC campaign does involve proper planning. To help inprove your results, I suggest doing the following 7 steps:
1. Understand your target market: You should never start a campaign until you conduct market research in your niche. I suggest that you run
searches on Google for your top keywords. Then study the first page results including paid and organic listings.
2. Set your budget: Before beginning your PPC campaign, you must determine your daily or monthly budget. With this in mind you will never
spend more than you can afford to. It will also allow keep you from getting caught up in a keyword bidding war in the PPC advertising game.
3. Choose highly-targeted keywords: Your whole PPC campaign mainly depends upon your chosen keywords. Try to generate the relevant keywords
for your products. Undergoing effective keyword research, will help you discover hot niche keywords. You can also use software like Ad Word
Analyzer to find profitable keywords. Remember, people are looking for specific things, not general ones.
4. Always bid intelligently: It is a proven fact that the keyword bidding strategy is one of the most significant factors to the success of
any PPC campaign. With the right keyword bidding, you can easily score over your competitors. Never bid too high for keywords. This can cause you
to lose a lot of money, especially if your website is not converting well.
5. Write catchy advertisements: You can also create ads based on a product name, your company's brand name, a competitors name, discount
offers, free trials or offers, testimonials, guarantees, etc. I personally like to run searches on Google to see what others are doing before
writing my own ads. This is only takes a few minutes and is well worth the time.
6. Create landing pages: It is not always a good idea to send visitors to your homepage. Sometimes, it is more effective to create different
landing pages on your site for each keyword you are bidding on. By making sure the keyword the visitor used to reach your landing page appears on
the page, you will greatly improve your odds for a sale.
7. Analyze your results: The last mantra is to compare your profit margin with your actual incurred expenses. It is critcal to analyze your
results daily and make adjustments where necessary. You must be smart enough to know when to stop or terminate a losing PPC campaign.
If you wish to win the PPC advertising game, you should incorporate all these winning steps into your action plan. These steps have proven to
minimize cost, while at the same time maximize profits online.
Jeff Alderson is a software developer and inventor. He develops innovative tools to increase website traffic and boost sales. For quick and
easy keyword research be sure to use a keyword tool
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeff_Alderson
Related Articles - Pay Per Click Advertising